Parent & Family Support
Mental Health/Crisis Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly affected the mental health of individuals in our communities. Below are some resources that families can access for help in Georgia.
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line – 1-800-715-4225
- GA Peer2Peer Warm Line – 1-888-945-1414
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255.
- The Crisis Text Line – Text START to 741-741 about any type of crisis 24/7.
Georgia Addiction Resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous in Georgia – Resource for finding in-person and virtual AA meetings throughout the state.
- Recovery in Georgia – Independent addiction recovery website that features treatment centers, support meetings, and prevention resources located throughout Georgia.
- The GARR Network – Georgia-based association of accredited sober living homes.
- The Summit Wellness Group – Actionable steps for finding a high-quality addiction treatment center in Georgia. It also features a host of additional resources for continuing the treatment search.
- SAMHSA’s Treatment Locator – Directory for finding treatment facilities confidentially and anonymously.
- Georgia Overdose Prevention Project – An advocacy organization that provides free naloxone kits to Georgians through the mail.
- Opioid Overdose Rescue – Outlines 3 simple steps to save a life in the event of an opioid overdose. Includes helpful reference videos.